On February 5th, 2021, Governor Wolf signed into law Senate Bill 109 that allocates $145 million to support the newly created COVID-19 Hospitality Industry Recovery Program (CHIRP). Under this new program, restaurants, bars, and others in the hospitality industry that have been adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic can apply for grants up to $50,000. Grant funds are intended to alleviate revenue losses and pay eligible operating expenses due to the pandemic.


In accordance with the state guidelines, Fay-Penn is working with Fayette County officials to establish an application process by March 15, 2021 and disburse funds to eligible businesses by July 31, 2021.

Applications will be open to businesses operating in Fayette County with:

  • NAICS Codes 721XXX and 722XXX,

  • Fewer than 300 employees, and

  • a net worth of less than $15,000,000


Please note, other eligibility criteria will also apply.  Additional info is available at COVID-19 Hospitality Industry Recovery Program (CHIRP) - PA Department of Community & Economic Development.


Fay-Penn is working with Fayette County to establish a grant process that we expect to be available soon.  In the meantime, please contact Fay-Penn at or 724.437.7913 with questions.  

© 2020 Fay-Penn Economic Development Council

  • Grey Facebook Icon
  • Grey LinkedIn Icon
  • Grey Twitter Icon
  • Grey YouTube Icon

724.437.7913     |     INFO@FAYPENN.ORG